this 12 week online workshop supports femmes, witches and healers to transform our trauma into solid loving boundaries using magic and creative practice.
the next round begins october 31st.
make no mistake wild ones:
learning how to say no as a femme is a radical act.
our magic is precious and ancient.
it yearns to be practiced and protected.
hawthorn heart is workshop is for witches, femmes and healers - magical creatures that we are.
we'll work with magical and herbal tools to bolster our protection magic.
boundaries are the bedrock of healthy, sustainable and nourishing relationships.
often we conceive of boundaries as a tool to push people away, which they sometimes can be, but boundaries are also a tool to craft deep intimacy with ourselves and others.
boundaries work to keep us safe and also to foster clear communication and mutual support.
boundaries are profoundly anti-oppressive because they teach us to nurture and respect self preservation in the face of constant demands on our bodies, minds and spirits.
boundaries are survival skills.
and even if we know we need to set boundaries knowing when and how to set them can still feel fuzzy and confusing. many of us struggle with how to set boundaries in the moment when we need them most.
we feel scared of disappointing others, ending up alone or feeling unlovable.
in order to set boundaries we must learn how to grieve so we can step out of shame and codependence and into accountability and connection.
it's possible to repair our relationships, find our voice and heal our trauma by setting boundaries grounded in love and accountability.
there is no such thing as a perfect boundary, but it is possible to set boundaries that are clear, measurable, flexible and accountable. and it's possible to call on plant allies, learn from our ancestors, and use magic to strengthen our protection magic.
these are the skill we'll learn together in hawthorn heart.
here is what the other femmes are saying about hawthorn heart..
- "i loved the boundaries femme class! such a good balance of creating a container and giving space for spontaneity and flow."
- "even though the course is hard work, and I can only delve in and out of it, i feel huge releases and shifts. your work is super powerful and important."
- "your work is really valuable to me. it reached me here in the us south, where i am so held, but sometimes disconnected from a larger femme conversation. it's important work to tether together our stories and i'm grateful."
- "your course is helping me learn to hold space as a small-group leader and to advocate for our group in the institutional budgeting process."
- "i feel more patient and caring toward myself. i'm learning to believe myself"
- "thankfully ive had the course because it has saved my butt over the past few weeks. thank you so so so much!"
- "i am more open to sharing my work and have more confidence in my voice, overall."
- "i would describe working with you as being invited into a space where i can let my guard down - i appreciate your understanding of and obvious love for queers, bodies, plants, life. i felt that you created space for input and included as much information as you could."
- "i am communicating my feelings and i am aware of my limits. i am also realizing that i don't want to lose of betray myself ever again. i've practiced noticing when my red flags and emotions warn me about a situation i'm uncomfortable in, and then communicating that with someone. before, i was practiced at ignoring my own emotions and warnings."
here are the details...
this workshop will happen online amongst a community of witches from around the world,
the first lesson for this workshop will be sent out on samhain - october 31st 2017.
each week, for 12 weeks, you will receive a new lesson in your inbox. each lesson includes a pdf and an mp3 recording of each lesson.
the learning in this course includes a mix of practical skills, creative and magical prompts and work with plant allies. the class content covers astrology, grief, ancestral trauma, integrating shadow, digestion, decolonization, healing from abuse and ends with collective magic making and sharing our creative work.
all the work is the class in consent based so you only do the pieces that feel resonant to you.
your work in the course will unfold at your own pace, with the support of other participants through the facebook group
the facebook group is a space where magical femmes support each other to set clear and compassionate boundaries. the group is there is support and witness you, offer ideas and answers questions when you get stuck. not everyone who participates in the course is active in the facebook group.
please feel encouraged to join the group if you're curious about the vibe of the space. if you're wondering who belongs in the space and how the space is held, you can read the container and standards of care.
your investment to take part in this class:
the cost of this workshop is $200 + whatever else you choose to give.4 month payment plans are available.
options for trade are available.
10% of the profits from this workshop will be donated to Sacheen and Crow, indigenous land defenders from ancestral pride.
you can sign up for this workshop here.
still feeling unsure if hawthorn heart is right for you?
check out this FAQ i wrote.. it answers questions like..
who was hawthorn heart created for?
is hawthorn heart a women’s only space?
who is femme?
what if after the course starts i feel i don't fit in?
what tools do i need to take part in the course?
are there specific traditions or rituals followed in the course?
does the course include example dialogues of how to set boundaries?
does the course cover what to do when boundaries are too strong?
are the lessons time sensitive?
what does andi provide as a facilitator?
can i sign up for another person?
i signed up, why am I not receiving emails?
do you give scholarships?
where can I find payment plans?
do you need to participate in the facebook group?
what is the purpose of the facebook group?
how do people communicate in the facebook group?
is it possible to overshare in the facebook group?
how do i share the facebook group if i’m in conflict with another participant?